Parallels announced today the updated features of the newest iteration of Parallels Workstation.
Big new all around for Windows, Mac and Linux users.
Here’s the breakdown (from the newsletter):
Parallels Desktop for Mac is the first solution for running Windows and OS X at the same time – without rebooting!
The Desktop for Mac Official Update includes a number of powerful new features, such as:
- Works on ANY Intel-Mac with ANY memory configuration with no system modification. This includes Mac Pro towers with up to 16GB of RAM, and the full line of Core 2 Duo iMacs
- Support for Windows Vista as a guest OS
- Support for Mac OS X 10.5 “Leopard” as a Primary OS
- Better USB support, including support for isochronous devices and Windows Mobile 5 devices
Parallels Workstation 2.2 for Windows & Linux is a powerful, cost effective virtualization solution which boosts productivity and lowers IT costs by letting users run multiple OSes simultaneously – without rebooting – on any Windows or Linux PC.
The new version includes a variety of new features and improvements:
- Full support for AMD Secure Virtual Machine Technology, and stronger support for Intel Virtualization Technology
- Support for Windows Vista as a Guest OS
- A new shared folder utility lets users share files and folders between OSes
- Better networking
- Better USB support, including support for webcams and Windows Mobile 5 devices