This post will outline and detail strategies, tips, tricks, cheats and tactics for Sid Meier’s Civilization V (Civ5/CivV). Call it an FAQ of sorts.
Let’s get on with it, shall we?
Some quick observations:
- Open borders allows you to surround an enemy, then attack. This works wonders later on.
- The trebuchet seems a bit overpowered, and is definitely the best way to attack cities.
- The easiest way I know of to skip the first intro movie is to simply rename “Civ5_Opening_Movie_en_US.wmv” to something else.
- Alternatively, edit the “usersettings.ini” file found in “My Documents\My Games\Sid Meiers Civilization 5\”. Make sure to change “SkipIntroVideo=0″ to “=1″ on line 15.
- For a copy of the English manual for Civ5, head here
- How to turn on workers automatically keeping improvements
In the My Documents folder go to the Civ V folder and then look for the “usersettings.ini” file.
There is a setting called AutoWorkersDontReplace. Change the value from 0 to 1.